Monday, August 30, 2010

Peace

Well, good news last week. My scans both came back normal. What a relief! I am now waiting for an ultrasound just to cover all of our bases but am not expecting anything abnormal to show up on that. It's been another ride on the cancer rollar coaster. Waiting and wondering what if.... This week a friend from the retreat I went to passed away at the age of 25 from cancer. She was such a strong, beautiful girl and she inspired all of us to fight. She had these words posted on her facebook page:

Cancer - I intend to beat you, overcome you and defeat you. You are my battle, my blood, my weakness. I will live each day knowing that I am stronger than you. I will fight you. I will live. By Ann-Marie 1985-2010

We will miss you Ann-Marie.

So the past couple of weeks have had their ups and downs. I ended up with shingles which doesn't seem to want to go away. My doctor says that it's from being on the Interferon. It has brought my immune system down so much that this virus (chicken pox) that I had as a child has been reactivated. So now I'm left with shingles. We decided yesterday to put a hold on the Interferon for a while and give my body a chance to heal. I was a little disappointed but after being so sick after my injection Monday night I was ready to do whatever they wanted. So my goal now is to build back up my immune system by getting lots of rest, exercise and healthy eating. Hopefully I won't be off for too long as it seems to be worse everytime I have to stop and restart treatment.

I did enjoy a restful week where I was pampered by my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law. They came for a visit and to help me around the house. They sure got alot done. The house looks great and they couldn't have picked a better week since I wasn't feeling great. Thanks you guys!

Well, now it's time to get the kids ready for back to school next week. It's going to be different around our house since all of them will be in school full days this year. They are all looking forward to it in their own ways. And so am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment