Thursday, May 13, 2010

Retreat here I come!!

I had a great Mother's Day! We had everyone over to our place and I didn't even have to cook. They all brought supper which was awesome. The kids made me breakfast and even did all the dishes afterwards. The two older ones were fooling around in the kitchen doing the dishes and it brought back so many memories of when I was little. These moments with my boys just seem to matter so much more these days. Why can't everyday be Mother's Day?

I got some exciting news yesterday! I am on my way to a retreat at the end of the month for cancer survivors. I have been thinking about going to this retreat for a few months but wasn't sure how I would be feeling or if I would be able to go. Well, my plane ticket is bought and I am off! Jeff has been on this retreat with my cousin Earl who has osteosarcoma and they had a great time. Jeff thinks that it will be good for me to go and meet some other people going through this. I am hoping that I come back re-energized and ready for the next round of my fight. I still havn't heard from the thoracic surgeon so surgery won't be scheduled for a while. These days I feel like I'm on a rollar coaster with all the ups and downs. The ups are what I live for and I get through the downs.

I am just so thankful to have the time here that has been given to me. This is the greatest gift there is. Time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment