Friday, April 9, 2010


I was very happy to have gotten my medication just in time! I went to pick it up on Wednesday and carried it like it was gold to the van. Jeff, my mom and I all went to meet with the Pharmacist at Cancer Care to learn how to do these injections. Seemed a little more complicated then I thought it would be but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. The pharmacist was great at explaining everything. So I gave myself my first injection while my audience watched and then that was it - that wasn't so bad! The first time is always kind of strange because you don't really know what to expect. Every time I get a break from treatment and then I start again I experience different symptoms. So I wait for something to happen. I felt fine when I got home so I had something to eat and called one of my best friends to chat. We had a great visit, then by the time I got off the phone with her I wasn't feeling too good. Let's just say it was a rough night after that. Jeff jumped in as my nurse again bringing me Tylenol and making sure that I was OK. I am so thankful to have him by my side. He has been my rock through all of this.

The next day I was off to my CT scan with my Dad. It's so great to have such a supportive family. I never have to go to any of these tests or treatments alone. There is always someone there to keep me company. When I walked into the CT department my stomach hit the floor. I havn't been back there since I first found out that I had a brain tumour. The room looked all too familiar. My dad chose to sit in the same chair that my mom had sat in the last time we were here so I sat in the familiar chair beside him. Staring at the clock in front of me, waiting for my turn brought back so many memories. I have had other CT scans since my first one but they have always sent me to the other CT department. After a bit of a wait my name was called. I went in and about 10 minutes later I was done. She said I could change and leave. Now it's always a bit of a shock when they let me go right away. I think I hold my breathe until I hear those words and then I can relax. This CT scan was the easiest one that I have had. They didn't give me contrast so I didn't need an IV and I didn't have to drink their special drink which I found out the last time I am allergic to. So this was awesome! Now it's the waiting game. My doctor is away for three weeks so I'm assuming I won't hear anything until he gets back. Now I shove it to the back of my mind and concentrate on getting my treatment tonight over with. The pharmacist had said that the first two will be the most difficult and then things should settle down after that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Natalie thin king of you say hi to all love simone